Home » Posts tagged 'global warming'
Tag Archives: global warming
Here is some room for thought in climate control negotiations.
1) What is the expected date of melting of glaciers in Himalayas thus affecting sacred rivers like Ganges and also causing floods in densely populated Asia. How would nation states with shareable resources like Water react on the disputes, dams , hydro electricity and floods.
2) How would you count per capita CO2 consumption- Assume a Factory in China makes 3 tonnes of C02 every year but exports all its products to USA on Indian Cargo ship. Travel contributes another 1 tonne of C02 including air travel, visits etc.
As of now this will be counted as 3 tonne for China, 1 Tonne for India, X tonne for USA ? What is wrong in these assumptions.
3) Some countries that used to be cold will get warmer- will that lead to extra crops. Which countries will that be.
4) It took a world war to create fission. Will it take another World War on Energy to create fusion. How much energy and resources are needed for creating a dedicated project ManHatten 2 for sharing with the world.
5) Most of the bigger data owned by climate change observations is in the Western Hemisphere under National labs not under UN control OR INSPECTION. How sacrosanct is the data to fudging, or infiltration by intelligence agencies of those countries hoping to influence bargaining chips on the climate change table.
6) Are there last action military ways to change climate during wars- like cause glaciers to melt by thermal bombs, earthquakes by seismic sensitive explosions and how high tech are these solutions and which countries have them.
7) If the planet is running out of Resources- why dont we go to Mars. :)
Note this is from 2006 Data, so assume 2009 CO2 as more than this.
TN guys at ORNL at http://cdiac.ornl.gov/trends/emis/glo.html
Data Visualization: MANY EYES IBM