Home » Posts tagged 'Gartner'
Tag Archives: Gartner
This is not about hacking the cloud. Instead this is about using the cloud to hack
Some articles last year wrote on how hackers used Amazon Ec2 for hacking/ddos attacks.
Roth claims that a typical wireless password can be guessed by EC2 and his software in about six minutes. He proved this by hacking networks in the area where he lives. The type of EC2 computers used in the attack costs 28 cents per minute, so $1.68 is all it could take to lay open a wireless network.
Cloud services are also attractive for hackers because the use of multiple servers can facilitate tasks such as cracking passwords, said Ray Valdes, an analyst at Gartner Inc. Amazon could improve measures to weed out bogus accounts, he said.
and this article by Anti-Sec pointed out how one can obtain a debit card anonymously
VPN Account without paper trail
- Purchase prepaid visa card with cash
- Purchase Bitcoins with Money Order
- Donate Bitcoins to different account
Masking your IP address to log on is done by TOR
and the actual flooding is done by tools like LOIC or HOIC
So what safeguards can be expected from the next wave of Teenage Mutant Ninjas..?
Under the terms of the agreement, the companies will work together to create a version of Revolution’s software that takes advantage of IBM Netezza’s i-class technology so that Revolution R Enterprise can run in-database in an optimal fashion.
For information about IBM Netezza, please visit: http://www.netezza.com.
For Information on IBM Information Management, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/information-on-demand/
For information on IBM Business Analytics, please visit the online press kit: http://www.ibm.com/press/us/en/presskit/27163.wss
Follow IBM and Analytics on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ibmbizanalytics
Follow IBM analytics on Tumblr: http://smarterplanet.tumblr.com/tagged/new_intelligence
IBM YouTube Analytics Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ibmbusinessanalytics
For information on IBM Smarter Systems: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/smarter/
About Revolution Analytics
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and services based on the open source R project for statistical computing. Led by predictive analytics pioneer Norman Nie, the company brings high performance, productivity and enterprise readiness to R, the most powerful statistics language in the world. The company’s flagship Revolution R product is designed to meet the production needs of large organizations in industries such as finance, life sciences, retail, manufacturing and media. Used by over 2 million analysts in academia and at cutting-edge companies such as Google, Bank of America and Acxiom, R has emerged as the standard of innovation in statistical analysis. Revolution Analytics is committed to fostering the continued growth of the R community through sponsorship of the Inside-R.org community site, funding worldwide R user groups and offers free licenses of Revolution R Enterprise to everyone in academia.
Netezza, an IBM Company, is the global leader in data warehouse, analytic and monitoring appliances that dramatically simplify high-performance analytics across an extended enterprise. IBM Netezza’s technology enables organizations to process enormous amounts of captured data at exceptional speed, providing a significant competitive and operational advantage in today’s data-intensive industries, including digital media, energy, financial services, government, health and life sciences, retail and telecommunications.
The IBM Netezza TwinFin® appliance is built specifically to analyze petabytes of detailed data significantly faster than existing data warehouse options, and at a much lower total cost of ownership. It stores, filters and processes terabytes of records within a single unit, analyzing only the relevant information for each query.
Using Revolution R Enterprise & Netezza Together
Revolution Analytics and IBM Netezza have announced a partnership to integrate Revolution R Enterprise and the IBM Netezza TwinFin Data Warehouse Appliance. For the first time, customers seeking to run high performance and full-scale predictive analytics from within a data warehouse platform will be able to directly leverage the power of the open source R statistics language. The companies are working together to create a version of Revolution’s software that takes advantage of IBM Netezza’s i-class technology so that Revolution R Enterprise can run in-database in an optimal fashion.
This partnership integrates Revolution R Enterprise with IBM Netezza’s high performance data warehouse and advanced analytics platform to help organizations combat the challenges that arise as complexity and the scale of data grow. By moving the analytics processing next to the data, this integration will minimize data movement – a significant bottleneck, especially when dealing with “Big Data”. It will deliver high performance on large scale data, while leveraging the latest innovations in analytics.
With Revolution R Enterprise for IBM Netezza, advanced R computations are available for rapid analysis of hundreds of terabyte-class data volumes — and can deliver 10-100x performance improvements at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional analytics vendors.
- On-Demand Webinar: Revolution R Enterprise: 100% R and More
- Free Downloads: Revolution R Community
- Product Information:
- IBM’s bet: Commerce can be just as big as analytics (zdnet.com)
- Revolution Analytics announces partnership with IBM Netezza (revolutionanalytics.com)
- Netezza Chief Talks About “Formative” PTC Days, IBM Deal History, and the Future of Big Data (xconomy.com)
- Gartner Ranks Data Warehousing Leaders (informationweek.com)
- IBM Acquires Netezza in $1.7 Billion Deal (dailyfinance.com)
- HP To Acquire Analytics Specialist Vertica (consultramy.wordpress.com)
- SAP, IBM Team up on In-memory Analytics (pcworld.com)
From the land Down Under, where Gartner gathers business summit thunder.
February 22 – 23 • Sydney, AUSTRALIA
From Information to Intelligence:
Evaluate, Execute and Evolve
At Gartner Business Intelligence & Information Management Summit 2011 you will experience a unique mix of Gartner research presentations, guest keynote addresses, real-life case studies and interactive panel discussions to provide you with a holistic view of the business intelligence and performance management landscape. Information, insight and advice are channeled through an increasingly targeted and focused approach, taking you from the high-level strategic view all the way to your specific issue.
Click here to read more about this session.
Best Practice Workshops:
- How to Become an Effective Data Warehouse Modeler
- Analytics – Business Intelligence and Performance Management ITScore
Analyst User Roundtables:
- Enterprise Information Management – Focusing on What Matters to the Business
- Sharepoint – thin edge of the wedge to the MS family
- Preparing for the 2020 workplace
Worldwide Expertise at Your Fingertips!
Your questions on Business Intelligence and Performance Management answered. Meet the Gartner Analysts presenting at the Summit and book your exclusive 30 minute one-on-one ( lap top dance) with the Analysts of your choice.
- Gartner Announces Business Intelligence Summit 2010 (eon.businesswire.com)
- Cyber-Ark and CUNA Mutual Group Present Session at Gartner Identity & Access Management Summit 2010 (eon.businesswire.com)
- Gartner Slashes Forecast for PC Shipments in 2010 and 2011 (dailyfinance.com)
- Reducing the Cost of Business Intelligence with Open Source (itexpertvoice.com)
- Aveksa to Demonstrate Access Governance Thought Leadership at Gartner Identity & Access Management Summit (eon.businesswire.com)
- Lighthouse Security Group a Silver Sponsor at Gartner IAM Summit (eon.businesswire.com)
- SAS in Leaders Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms (eon.businesswire.com)