Home » Posts tagged 'Friends'
Tag Archives: Friends
I have been busy-
1) Finally my divorce came through. My advice – dont do it without a pre-nup ! Alimony means all the money.
2) Spending time on Quora after getting bored from LinkedIn, Twitter,Facebook,Google Plus,Tumblr, WordPress
See this answer to-
1) we will change the world
2) if we get 1% of a billion people market, we will be rich
3) if we have got funding, most of the job is done
4) lets pay ourselves high salaries since we got funded
5) our idea is awesome and cant be copied, improvised, stolen, replicated
6) startups are painless
7) it is a better life than a corporate career
8) long term vision is important than short term cash burn
9) we will never sell out or exit. never
10) its a great idea to make startups with friend
Say hello to me – http://www.quora.com/Ajay-Ohri/answers
3) Writing freelance articles on APIs for Programmable Web
Why write pro? See point 1)
4) Writing poetry on http://poemsforkush.com/. It now gets 23000 views a month. I wish I could say my poems were great, but the readers are kind (364 subscribers!) and also Google Image Search is very very kind.
5) Kicking tires with next book ” R for Cloud Computing” and be tuned for another writing announcement
6) Waiting for Paul Kent, VP, SAS Big Data to reply to my emails for interview after HE promised me!! You dont get to 105 interviews without being a bit stubborn!
7) Sighing on politics engulfing my American friends especially with regards to Chic-fil-A and Romney’s gaffes. Now thats what I call a first world problem! Protesting by eating or boycotting chicken sandwiches! In India we had the world’s biggest blackout two days in a row- and no one is attending the Hunger Fast against corruption protests!
8) Watching Olympics! Our glorious nation of 1.2 billion very smart people has managed to win 1 Bronze till today!! Michael Phelps has won more medals and more gold than the whole of India has since the Olympics Games began!!
9) Consulting to pay the bills. includes writing R code, making presentations. Why consult when I have writing to do? See point 1)
10) Reading New York Times to get insights on Big Data and Analytics. Trust them- they know what they are doing!
I liked the design, user interfaces and the conceptual ideas behind the latest Anonymous hactivist websites (much better than the shabby graphic design of Wikileaks, or Friends of Wikileaks, though I guess they have been busy what with Julian’s escapades and Syrian emails)
I disagree (and let us agree to disagree some of the time)
with the complete lack of respect for Graphical User Interfaces for tools. If dDOS really took off due to LOIC, why not build a GUI for SQL Injection (or atleats the top 25 vulnerability testing as by this list http://www.sans.org/top25-software-errors/
Shouldnt Tor be embedded within the next generation of Loic.
Automated testing tools are used by companies like Adobe (and others)… so why not create simple GUI for the existing tools.., I may be completely offtrack here.. but I think hacker education has been a critical misstep[ that has undermined Western Democracies preparedness for Cyber tactics by hostile regimes)…. how to create the next generation of hackers by easy tutorials (see codeacademy and build appropriate modules)
-A slick website to be funded by Bitcoins (Money can buy everything including Mastercard and Visa, but Bitcoins are an innovative step towards an internet economy currency)
-A collobrative wiki
Seriously dude, why not make this a part of Wikipedia- (i know Jimmy Wales got shifty eyes, but can you trust some1 )
-Analytics for Anonymous (sighs! I should have thought about this earlier)
http://anonanalytics.com/ (can be used to play and bill both sides of corporate espionage and be cyber private investigators)
What We Do
We provide the public with investigative reports exposing corrupt companies. Our team includes analysts, forensic accountants, statisticians, computer experts, and lawyers from various jurisdictions and backgrounds. All information presented in our reports is acquired through legal channels, fact-checked, and vetted thoroughly before release. This is both for the protection of our associates as well as groups/individuals who rely on our work.
_and lastly creative content for Pinterest.com and Public Relations ( what next-? Tom Cruise to play Julian Assange in the new Movie ?)
http://www.par-anoia.net/ />Potentially Alarming Research: Anonymous Intelligence AgencyInformation is and will be free. Expect it. ~ Anonymous
Links of interest
- Latest Scientology Mails (Austria)
- Full FBI call transcript
- Arrest Tracker
- HBGary Email Viewer
- The Pirate Bay Proxy
- We Are Anonymous – Book
- To be announced…
I try to write on cyber conflict without getting into the politics of why someone is hacking someone else. I always get beaten by someone in the comments thread when I write on politics.
But recent events have forced me to update my usual “how-to” cyber conflict to “why” cyber conflict. This is because of a terrorist attack in my hometown Delhi.
Iran allegedly tried (as per Israel) to assassinate the wife of Israeli Defence Attache in Delhi using a magnetic bomb, India as she went to school to pick up her kids, somebody else put a grenade in Israeli embassy car in Georgia which was found in time.
Based on reports , initial work suggests the bomb was much more sophisticated than local terrorists, but the terrorists seemed to have some local recce work done.
India has 0 history of antisemitism but this is the second time Israelis have been targeted since 26/11 Mumbai attacks. India buys 12 % of oil annually from Iran (and refuses to join the oil embargo called by US and Europe)
Cyber Conflict is less painful than conflict, which is inevitable as long as mankind exists. Also the Western hemisphere needs a moon shot (cyber conflict could be the Sputnik like moment) and with declining and aging populations but better technology, Western Hemisphere govts need cyber conflict as they are running out of humans to fight their wars. Eastern govt. are even more obnoxious in using children for conflict propaganda, and corruption.
Last week CIA.gov website went down
This week Iranian govt is allegedly blocking https traffic on eve of Annual Revolution Day (what a coincidence!)
Some resources to help Internet users in Iran (or maybe this could be a dummy test for the big one – hacking the great firewall of China)
News from Hacker News-
I’m writing this to report the serious troubles we have regarding accessing Internet in Iran at the moment. Since Thursday Iranian government has shutted down the https protocol which has caused almost all google services (gmail, and google.com itself) to become inaccessible. Almost all websites that reply on Google APIs (like wolfram alpha) won’t work. Accessing to any website that replies on https (just imaging how many websites use this protocol, from Arch Wiki to bank websites). Also accessing many proxies is also impossible. There are almost no official reports on this and with many websites and my email accounts restricted I can just confirm this based on my own and friends experience. I have just found one report here:
The reason for this horrible shutdown is that the Iranian regime celebrates 1979 Islamic revolution tomorrow.
I just wanted to let you guys know about this. If you have any solution regarding bypassing this restriction please help!
The boys at Tor think they can help-
but its not so elegant, as I prefer creating a batch file rather than explain coding to newbies.
this is still getting to better and easier interfaces
Step 1: Install dependencies, obfsproxy, and Tor
You will need a C compiler (gcc), the autoconf and autotools build system, the git revision control system, pkg-config andlibtool, libevent-2 and its headers, and the development headers of OpenSSL.
On Debian testing or Ubuntu oneiric, you could do:
# apt-get install autoconf autotools-dev gcc git pkg-config libtool libevent-2.0-5 libevent-dev libevent-openssl-2.0-5 libssl-dev
Clone obfsproxy from its git repository:
$ git clone https://git.torproject.org/obfsproxy.git
The above command should create and populate a directory named ‘obfsproxy’ in your current directory.
$ cd obfsproxy
$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
Optionally, as root install obfsproxy in your system:
# make install
If you prefer not to install obfsproxy as root, you can instead just modify the Transport lines in your torrc file (explained below) to point to your obfsproxy binary.
You will need Tor 0.2.3.11-alpha or later.
Step 2a: If you’re the client…
First, you need to learn the address of a bridge that supports obfsproxy. If you don’t know any, try asking a friend to set one up for you. Then the appropriate lines to your tor configuration file:
Bridge obfs2 184.108.40.206:1051
ClientTransportPlugin obfs2 exec /usr/local/bin/obfsproxy --managed
Don’t forget to replace 220.127.116.11:1051 with the IP address and port that the bridge’s obfsproxy is listening on.
Congratulations! Your traffic should now be obfuscated by obfsproxy. You are done! You can now start using Tor.
For old fashioned tunnel creation under Seas of English Channel-
- You can proxy to anywhere (see the Proxy directive in Apache) based on names
- You can proxy to any port you like (see the AllowCONNECT directive in Apache)
- It works even when there is a layer-7 protocol firewall
- If you enable proxytunnel ssl support, it is indistinguishable from real SSL traffic
- You can come up with nice hostnames like ‘downloads.yourdomain.com’ and ‘pictures.yourdomain.com’ and for normal users these will look like normal websites when visited.
- There are many possibilities for doing authentication further along the path
- You can do proxy-bouncing to the n-th degree to mask where you’re coming from or going to (however this requires more changes to proxytunnel, currently I only added support for one remote proxy)
- You do not have to dedicate an IP-address for sshd, you can still run an HTTPS site
and some crypto for young people
Me- What am I doing about it? I am just writing poems on hacking at http://poemsforkush.com