Home » Posts tagged 'FAQs Help and Tutorials'
Tag Archives: FAQs Help and Tutorials
- Write 50 words . That’s a paragraph.
- Write 400 words . That’s a page.
- Write 300 pages. That’s a manuscript.
- Write everyday. That’s a habit.
- Edit and Rewrite. That’s how you get better.
- Spread your writing for people to comment. That’s called feedback.
- Dont worry about rejection or publication. That’s a writer.
- When not writing, read. Read from writers better than you. Read and Perceive.
But overall, just write more to get better.
1000+ votes on Quora!! Probably my most viewed content ever (besides my Poem on Michael Jackson)
Most people would rather see screenshot based step by step powerpoints, than cluttered or clever presentations , or even videos that force you to sit like a TV zombie. Unfortunately most tutorial presentations I see especially for BI are either slides with one or two points, that abruptly shift to “concepts” or videos that are atleast more than 10 minutes long. That works fine for scripting tutorials or hands on workshops, but cannot be reproduced for later instances of study.
The mode of tutorials especially for GUI software can vary, it may be Slideshare, Scribd, Google Presentation,Microsoft Powerpoint but a step by step screenshot by screenshot tutorial is much better for understanding than commando line jargon/ Youtub Videos presentations, or Powerpoint with Points.
Have a look at these SAP BI 7 slideshares
Speaking of BI, the R Package called Brew is going to brew up something special especially combined with R Apache. However I wish R Apache, or R Web, or RServe had step by step install screenshot tutorials to increase their usage in Business Intelligence.
I tried searching for JMP GUI Tutorials too, but I believe putting all your content behind a registration wall is not so great. Do a Pareto Analysis of your training material, surely you can share a couple more tutorials without registration. It also will help new wanna-migrate users to get a test and feel for the installation complexities as well as final report GUI.
- Best Practices in Screencasting – ANTS – Animated Tutorial Sharing (ants.wetpaint.com)
- Use ScreenSteps for Easy Tutorials (lockergnome.com)
- IBM Cognos 10 Expands BI Boundaries (informationweek.com)
I loved the new upgraded design of Inside-R, Revo’s new(?) community.
And promptly shot up a blog application.
What makes Inside- R- slightly better than SDC, Analyticbridge,PlanetR and R _bloggers (with due respects)
- Open Id logins (I think thats a new and good step)
- Options for automated feed parsing for blogs
- More than just a blog aggregator- includes sections on other stuff- thus more like a community than a big feed
- Abbreviated feeds- just gives you two-three lines of summary per post than the whole big schmakaround -thats a time saver for me —(D Smith is the only -lonely blogger atm there)
- The more the merrier- One more place to read and write R.
If my blog app gets rejected- these views may change ,grr
- R-bloggers for other languages – wanna join? (r-bloggers.com)
- National Thank a Blogger Day (mom-101.com)
- WoW Insider is available on your Amazon Kindle (wow.joystiq.com)
- Revolution Analytics Launches Inside-R.org for the Open Source R Statistics Community (eon.businesswire.com)
- Chasing Value: Oracle Insiders Selling as Stock Hits 52-Week High (bloggingstocks.com)
- Is it me or does blogging suck up a lot of time? from Gothridge Manor (gothridgemanor.blogspot.com)
- Inside-R.org, a new community site for R (revolutionanalytics.com)
I am addicted to writing prose and poetry ergo blog.
2. Pass it on to 10 others.
3. If you read this and are blogging and have not yet done this, consider yourself tagged.
From: Dr. Girlfriend
- Another Year, Another Blogoversary (chucksblog.emc.com)
- 5 advantages of corporate blogging (ubervu.com)
- Build the Perfect Blog Audience for You (problogger.net)
- Blog Action Day (housewifesutopia.com)
- 30 Best Oneline Tips on How to be a Better Blogger (madrasgeek.com)
- Honored (elizabethkateswitaj.net)
- Blogging with Substance [The Thoughtful Animal] (scienceblogs.com)
- A blog of substance… [Confessions of a Science Librarian] (scienceblogs.com)
- Thursdays With Selena (justsomethingimade.com)