Home » Posts tagged 'computer'
Tag Archives: computer
Obama Order Sped Up Wave of Cyberattacks Against Iran
Published: June 1, 2012
WASHINGTON — From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America’s first sustained use of cyberweapons,
Can the White House declare a cyberwar?
By JENNIFER MARTINEZ and JONATHAN ALLEN | 6/1/12
“When we see the results it’s pretty clear they’re doing it without anybody except a very few people knowing about it, much less having any impact on whether it’s happening or not,” said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.).
McDermott is troubled because “we have given more and more power to the president, through the CIA, to carry out operations, and, frankly, if you go back in history, the reason we have problems with Iran is because the CIA brought about a coup.”
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
The Congress shall have Power
Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
KARL RITTER and MATT MOORE 10/ 9/09 11:02 PM ET
Statement Regarding Barack Obama
The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as “Senior Lecturer.”
From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year.
The Necessity of Cyber War as a better alternative to traditional warfare
By the time our generation is done with this living on this planet, we should have found a way to flip warfare into just another computer game.
- Cyber War does not kill people but does diminish both production as well offensive capabilities of enemy.
- It destroys lesser resources of the enemy irreversibly, thus leading to increased capacity to claim damages or taxes from the loser of the conflict
- It does not motivate general population for war hysteria thus minimizing inflationary pressures
- Cyber War does not divert too many goods and services (like commodities, metals, fuels) from your economy unlike traditional warfare
- Capacity to wage cyber war needs human resources and can reduce asymmetry between nations in terms of resources available naturally or historically (like money , access to fuel and logistics, geography , educated population,colonial history )
- It is more effective in both offensive and defensive capabilities and at a much much cheaper cost to defense budgets
- Most developed countries have already invested heavily in it, and it can render traditional weaponry ineffective and expensive. If you ignore investing in cyber war capabilities your defense forces would be compromised and national infrastructure can be held to ransom
Self-defence….is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation.- Gandhi.
I liked the design, user interfaces and the conceptual ideas behind the latest Anonymous hactivist websites (much better than the shabby graphic design of Wikileaks, or Friends of Wikileaks, though I guess they have been busy what with Julian’s escapades and Syrian emails)
I disagree (and let us agree to disagree some of the time)
with the complete lack of respect for Graphical User Interfaces for tools. If dDOS really took off due to LOIC, why not build a GUI for SQL Injection (or atleats the top 25 vulnerability testing as by this list http://www.sans.org/top25-software-errors/
Shouldnt Tor be embedded within the next generation of Loic.
Automated testing tools are used by companies like Adobe (and others)… so why not create simple GUI for the existing tools.., I may be completely offtrack here.. but I think hacker education has been a critical misstep[ that has undermined Western Democracies preparedness for Cyber tactics by hostile regimes)…. how to create the next generation of hackers by easy tutorials (see codeacademy and build appropriate modules)
-A slick website to be funded by Bitcoins (Money can buy everything including Mastercard and Visa, but Bitcoins are an innovative step towards an internet economy currency)
-A collobrative wiki
Seriously dude, why not make this a part of Wikipedia- (i know Jimmy Wales got shifty eyes, but can you trust some1 )
-Analytics for Anonymous (sighs! I should have thought about this earlier)
http://anonanalytics.com/ (can be used to play and bill both sides of corporate espionage and be cyber private investigators)
What We Do
We provide the public with investigative reports exposing corrupt companies. Our team includes analysts, forensic accountants, statisticians, computer experts, and lawyers from various jurisdictions and backgrounds. All information presented in our reports is acquired through legal channels, fact-checked, and vetted thoroughly before release. This is both for the protection of our associates as well as groups/individuals who rely on our work.
_and lastly creative content for Pinterest.com and Public Relations ( what next-? Tom Cruise to play Julian Assange in the new Movie ?)
http://www.par-anoia.net/ />Potentially Alarming Research: Anonymous Intelligence AgencyInformation is and will be free. Expect it. ~ Anonymous
Links of interest
- Latest Scientology Mails (Austria)
- Full FBI call transcript
- Arrest Tracker
- HBGary Email Viewer
- The Pirate Bay Proxy
- We Are Anonymous – Book
- To be announced…
The cyber -group known as Anonymous has now decided to fight for internet freedom for my 1.2 billion countrymen (India)
So in operation India they go and knock some websites off. The immediate provocation-
1) Legal System prevented access to Pirate Bay (and other sites)
This as per Anons restricts the freedom of glorious motherland of India (which incidentally does have a high number of engineers).
A slight modification to using violence (like DDOS) is to use non violence-this approach is use the free tier at Amazon EC2-http://aws.amazon.com/free/ and sign up and start the windows tier
AWS Free Usage Tier (Per Month): ( only if your torrents are going to be less than 15 gb a month!!)
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 2 million I/Os and 1 GB of snapshot storage
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests
- 100 MB of storage, 5 units of write capacity, and 10 units of read capacity for Amazon DynamoDB.**
- 25 Amazon SimpleDB Machine Hours and 1 GB of Storage
- 1,000 Amazon SWF workflow executions can be initiated for free. A total of 10,000 activity tasks, signals, timers and markers, and 30,000 workflow-days can also be used for free
- 100,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service
- 100,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services
So you dont know Linux, huh (but do know how to Torrent). Well Amazon has a Windows instance for free too. Shame on you for not knowing Linux though! Illegal torrents hurt artists like Shahrukh Khan the most!!!
How to create a Windows Amazon Instance
and to download your precious data (why?) from your remote instance to your local PC use these instructions.
1. Go to find the RDP file amazon asked you to downloaded onto your local PC. right-click –> Edit
2. Go to “Local Resources” tab –> “Local devices and resources” –> “More” button
3. Expand the “Drives” and check the disks you want to share when you TS to the remote box.
4. after connect, you will see the new drives in My Computer already mounted for you.
For me, copy speed is 200-300kB/Second. Enjoy!
or even easier
Installing dropbox on both your client machine and EC2 instance is one of the easiest ways to do it. (go to http://dropbox.com) or try the new Google Drive to share content.
As for Anonymous- DDOS attacks are easy, IRC press conferences are fun, but there are enough techies in India ,kids.
NOTE- You are liable legally for your actions whether on Amazon AWS or on your own laptop. This is just a technical note- not a moral note.
PS- I wonder if the Chinese can use this to access Facebook. Maybe it is time Anonymous got the guts to hit China for it’s unfree internet.
PPS- Message to Anons— Next time, try giving us a pdf tutorial on how to create an anonymized sql injection/ddos !
Custom T Shirt-
INDIA- Writing code since 3000 BC.
INDIA- We made the zero 0.
The noted Diamonds dataset in the ggplot2 package of R is actually culled from the website http://www.diamondse.info/diamond-prices.asp
However it has ~55000 diamonds, while the whole Diamonds search engine has almost ten times that number. Using iMacros – a Google Chrome Plugin, we can scrape that data (or almost any data). The iMacros chrome plugin is available at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp while notes on coding are at http://wiki.imacros.net
Imacros makes coding as easy as recording macro and the code is automatcially generated for whatever actions you do. You can set parameters to extract only specific parts of the website, and code can be run into a loop (of 9999 times!)
Here is the iMacros code-Note you need to navigate to the web site http://www.diamondse.info/diamond-prices.asp before running it
VERSION BUILD=5100505 RECORDER=CR
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=6 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:paginate_enabled_next
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=test+3
and voila- all the diamonds you need to analyze!
The returning data can be read using the standard delimiter data munging in the language of SAS or R.
More on IMacros from
Automate your web browser. Record and replay repetitious work
If you encounter any problems with iMacros for Chrome, please let us know in our Chrome user forum at http://forum.iopus.com/viewforum.php?f=21 Our forum is also the best place for new feature suggestions ---- iMacros was designed to automate the most repetitious tasks on the web. If there’s an activity you have to do repeatedly, just record it in iMacros. The next time you need to do it, the entire macro will run at the click of a button! With iMacros, you can quickly and easily fill out web forms, remember passwords, create a webmail notifier, and more. You can keep the macros on your computer for your own use, use them within bookmark sync / Xmarks or share them with others by embedding them on your homepage, blog, company Intranet or any social bookmarking service as bookmarklet. The uses are limited only by your imagination! Popular uses are as web macro recorder, form filler on steroids and highly-secure password manager (256-bit AES encryption).