Western countries are running out of people to fight their wars. This is even more acute given the traditional and current demographic trends in both armed forces and general populations.
A shift to cyber conflict can help the West maintain parity over Eastern methods of assymetrical warfare (by human attrition /cyber conflict).
Declining resources will lead to converging conflicts of interest and dynamics in balance of power in the 21 st century.
The launch of Sputnik by USSR led to the moon shot rush by the US.1960s
The proposed announcement of StarWars by USA led to unsustainable defence expenditure by USSR.1980s
The threat of cyber conflict and espionage by China (and Russian cyber actions in war with Georgia) has led to increasing budgets for cyber conflict research and defense in USA. -2010s
If we do not learn from history, we are condemned to repeat it.
Declining Populations in the West and Rising Populations in the East in the 21 st century. The difference in military age personnel would be even more severe, due to more rapid aging in the west.
Economic output will be proportional to number of people employed as economies reach similar stages of maturity (Factor-Manufacturing-Services-Innovation)
GDP projections to 2050:
Western defence forces would not be able to afford a human attrition intensive war by 2030 given current demographic trends (both growth and aging). Existing balance of power could be maintained if resources are either shared or warfare is moved to cyber space. Technological advances can help augment resources reducing case for conflict scenarios.
Will the Internet be used by US against China in the 21 st century as Opium was used by GB in the 19th? Time will tell :)
It is best to use a DNS resolution service to avoid targeted attacks on your machine esp if you use the browser a lot. and it is quite fast!! Takes 2 minutes to set it up even for non geeks
I was getting slower browsing speeds on OpenDNS http://www.opendns.com/
so I switched to Google DNS (though I am not sure how people in Iran and China – who have a much greater need for DNS verification services will get secure resolution of DNS)
What is Google Public DNS?
Google Public DNS is a free, global Domain Name System (DNS) resolution service, that you can use as an alternative to your current DNS provider.
To try it out:
- Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 as your DNS servers or
- Read our configuration instructions.
New! For IPv6 addresses, see our configuration instructions.
If you decide to try Google Public DNS, your client programs will perform all DNS lookups using Google Public DNS.
Why does DNS matter?
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web’s infrastructure, serving as the Internet’s phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.
Why should you try Google Public DNS?
By using Google Public DNS you can:
We should all ask China to free Tibet because of the following reasons-
10 Reasons to Free Tibet
1) Replace a system of governance which is giving 12% GDP growth with a 1000 year old belief that one old guy is really a reincarnation of GOD
2) Because it is a romantic idea
3) The average Tibetan is much better economically than most other countries in Asia and Africa. Still freedom is messy- Donald Rumsfield.
4) So we can sell beer, Facebook ads, Internet Pornography to Tibetans which do not have the liberty to do so currently
5) So we can explore that area for mining and minerals
6) Damn it. We need one more ally for the free world. So we can invade more non free countries.
7) Tibetans girls are hot.
8) Dalai Lama is cool. and he doesnot charge by the hour unlike other yoga Gurus.
9) We need to encircle China just like we did in the 19th Century and Opium Wars
10) So artists like Ai Wei Wei can blog freely
1 Reason not to Free Tibet
1) Tibetans want to be free. If we give them democracy- they will be disappointed to know that the bullets just get replaced by the pepper spray. How silly is that? The desire to be free- when there is no such thing as free anymore.
(This was an article in Sarcasm and meant as literary and not a pseudo-intellectual political article. I have no training in Politics. For details see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm