Home » Posts tagged 'china'
Tag Archives: china
How the West Counters China
- Using United Nations and WTO to present evidence to push for financial penalties
- Define Cyber- Retaliation rules of engagement and doctrine for hacking attacks
- Delineate the obfuscation between Anonymous, State Sponsored Hacks, Hactivism, Cyber Criminals- and build clear rules of engagement
- Provoke Chinese Naval and Air Assets (using the Opium War’s lessons)
- Create a digital cyber-warfare alliance using Australia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India , Tibetan Exiles and NATO
How China can counter the West
- Build a dossier of false or misplaced allegations that are leveled at China and use them when something sticks
- Highlight Western Government’s breaches of citizen privacy and digital surveillance
- Highlight efforts of intellectual property theft, monopolistic actions and industrial espionage in the West
- Host more black hat conferences within Macau and Hong Kong if not mainland China
- Support Anonymous and Digital Activism as potential allies
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu
Additive manufacturing or 3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital model. 3D printing is achieved using additive processes, where an object is created by laying down successive layers of material. 3D printing is considered distinct from traditional machining techniques (subtractive processes) which mostly rely on the removal of material by drilling, cutting etc.
A world without factories , or atleast not as many. Where the only thing to be bought is design and raw material . Direct from the creators to the consumers.
Imagine 2025 – with the latest generation of 3 D printers. You browse though online catalogs, select designs for furniture, accessories, clothes. Click buy and then print.
No more inventory planning ( except for the raw material wood,synthetic,cloth, plastic or better still an intermediate that can be done in all of these). Everything is bio-degradable in this new world of 3D printers.
That future is closer than you think! No more Made in China vs Made in USA
Everything will be made at home! designed by artists! delivered by Internet.
This is probably how they will shift manufacturing back to the rest of the planet to the First World, as both China and India are lagging behind in understanding the ramifications of mass produced 3D printers. 3D printers could do to factories what automatic washing machines did to laundry.
I guess China is so busy changing the weather on Earth, or grabbing precious rare earth ores, it will lose out on the biggest Gold Rush of all time— Mars as a resource (plus the very doable dual use technologies you just saw)
The cyber -group known as Anonymous has now decided to fight for internet freedom for my 1.2 billion countrymen (India)
So in operation India they go and knock some websites off. The immediate provocation-
1) Legal System prevented access to Pirate Bay (and other sites)
This as per Anons restricts the freedom of glorious motherland of India (which incidentally does have a high number of engineers).
A slight modification to using violence (like DDOS) is to use non violence-this approach is use the free tier at Amazon EC2-http://aws.amazon.com/free/ and sign up and start the windows tier
AWS Free Usage Tier (Per Month): ( only if your torrents are going to be less than 15 gb a month!!)
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 2 million I/Os and 1 GB of snapshot storage
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests
- 100 MB of storage, 5 units of write capacity, and 10 units of read capacity for Amazon DynamoDB.**
- 25 Amazon SimpleDB Machine Hours and 1 GB of Storage
- 1,000 Amazon SWF workflow executions can be initiated for free. A total of 10,000 activity tasks, signals, timers and markers, and 30,000 workflow-days can also be used for free
- 100,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service
- 100,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services
So you dont know Linux, huh (but do know how to Torrent). Well Amazon has a Windows instance for free too. Shame on you for not knowing Linux though! Illegal torrents hurt artists like Shahrukh Khan the most!!!
How to create a Windows Amazon Instance
and to download your precious data (why?) from your remote instance to your local PC use these instructions.
1. Go to find the RDP file amazon asked you to downloaded onto your local PC. right-click –> Edit
2. Go to “Local Resources” tab –> “Local devices and resources” –> “More” button
3. Expand the “Drives” and check the disks you want to share when you TS to the remote box.
4. after connect, you will see the new drives in My Computer already mounted for you.
For me, copy speed is 200-300kB/Second. Enjoy!
or even easier
Installing dropbox on both your client machine and EC2 instance is one of the easiest ways to do it. (go to http://dropbox.com) or try the new Google Drive to share content.
As for Anonymous- DDOS attacks are easy, IRC press conferences are fun, but there are enough techies in India ,kids.
NOTE- You are liable legally for your actions whether on Amazon AWS or on your own laptop. This is just a technical note- not a moral note.
PS- I wonder if the Chinese can use this to access Facebook. Maybe it is time Anonymous got the guts to hit China for it’s unfree internet.
PPS- Message to Anons— Next time, try giving us a pdf tutorial on how to create an anonymized sql injection/ddos !
Custom T Shirt-
INDIA- Writing code since 3000 BC.
INDIA- We made the zero 0.
Western countries are running out of people to fight their wars. This is even more acute given the traditional and current demographic trends in both armed forces and general populations.
A shift to cyber conflict can help the West maintain parity over Eastern methods of assymetrical warfare (by human attrition /cyber conflict).
Declining resources will lead to converging conflicts of interest and dynamics in balance of power in the 21 st century.
The launch of Sputnik by USSR led to the moon shot rush by the US.1960s
The proposed announcement of StarWars by USA led to unsustainable defence expenditure by USSR.1980s
The threat of cyber conflict and espionage by China (and Russian cyber actions in war with Georgia) has led to increasing budgets for cyber conflict research and defense in USA. -2010s
If we do not learn from history, we are condemned to repeat it.
Declining Populations in the West and Rising Populations in the East in the 21 st century. The difference in military age personnel would be even more severe, due to more rapid aging in the west.
Economic output will be proportional to number of people employed as economies reach similar stages of maturity (Factor-Manufacturing-Services-Innovation)
It is best to use a DNS resolution service to avoid targeted attacks on your machine esp if you use the browser a lot. and it is quite fast!! Takes 2 minutes to set it up even for non geeks
I was getting slower browsing speeds on OpenDNS http://www.opendns.com/
so I switched to Google DNS (though I am not sure how people in Iran and China – who have a much greater need for DNS verification services will get secure resolution of DNS)
What is Google Public DNS?
Google Public DNS is a free, global Domain Name System (DNS) resolution service, that you can use as an alternative to your current DNS provider.
To try it out:
New! For IPv6 addresses, see our configuration instructions.
If you decide to try Google Public DNS, your client programs will perform all DNS lookups using Google Public DNS.
Why does DNS matter?
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web’s infrastructure, serving as the Internet’s phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.
Why should you try Google Public DNS?
By using Google Public DNS you can:
We should all ask China to free Tibet because of the following reasons-
10 Reasons to Free Tibet
1) Replace a system of governance which is giving 12% GDP growth with a 1000 year old belief that one old guy is really a reincarnation of GOD
2) Because it is a romantic idea
3) The average Tibetan is much better economically than most other countries in Asia and Africa. Still freedom is messy- Donald Rumsfield.
4) So we can sell beer, Facebook ads, Internet Pornography to Tibetans which do not have the liberty to do so currently
5) So we can explore that area for mining and minerals
6) Damn it. We need one more ally for the free world. So we can invade more non free countries.
7) Tibetans girls are hot.
8) Dalai Lama is cool. and he doesnot charge by the hour unlike other yoga Gurus.
9) We need to encircle China just like we did in the 19th Century and Opium Wars
10) So artists like Ai Wei Wei can blog freely
1 Reason not to Free Tibet
1) Tibetans want to be free. If we give them democracy- they will be disappointed to know that the bullets just get replaced by the pepper spray. How silly is that? The desire to be free- when there is no such thing as free anymore.
(This was an article in Sarcasm and meant as literary and not a pseudo-intellectual political article. I have no training in Politics. For details see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm