Home » Posts tagged 'Anti-spam techniques'
Tag Archives: Anti-spam techniques
Here is a brief dataset I out after one hour of cutting and pasting from WordPress.com’s creative data style formats. It shows spam,comments,traffic, and number of posts written monthly.
Clearly monthly traffic is directly related to number I write (suppose A + B* Posts)
But Spam is showing a discontinuous growth especially after a big month (in which Reddit helped)
Akismet had some missing historical values (which is curious)
So what can we do with this dataframe in R or any other statistical software.
|Month||Spam detected||Traffic excluding spam||Posts Written||Traffic /Post||Spam /Post||Spam/Traffic||Ham detected||Missed spam||False positives|
- @Akismet is hurting real discussion on blogs (seo-theory.com)
- GASP: The only alternate to Akismet | Find All Answers (findallanswers.com)
- WordPress: Akismet Ditches Flash For Something Better (blogherald.com)
- Akismet Gives Spammers 20 Billion Reasons To Hate WordPress (blogherald.com)
- Goodbye Akismet and Hello G.A.S.P. (ariwriter.com)
- Easy Ways To Reduce WordPress Spam | That Tech Chick (thattechchick.com)
- Lets Celebrate, We Received Our 1 Millionth Spam Comment (ghacks.net)
- How NOT to Comment on a Blog (dcrblogs.com)
- Spam Spam Spam (thisido.blogspot.com)