- Sometimes VC money is like BC money
- we can build Taj Mahal in excel
- angel investors all died and went to heaven where they are watching Indra and Maneka
- devil is in details of everything they asked you to just sign saying, arrey yaar, this is a standard form
- hiring is always just in time
- zuckerberg is the 10th avatar of vishnu
- a million dollars is not cool. A billion dollars is cool. A billion people is even hotter
- lying is number 3 sport after cricket and politics discussion
- everybody criticizes anything
- steve jobs came to india as a teenager. So Indians can claim credit
- every indian american who got succesful is because of his Indian DNA as per our newpapers
- everybody knows anybody. Or says they do
- every developer can learn hadoop in 2 days just payment in advance
- every client’s cheque is delayed atleast once
- Dilbert was a graduate from IIT
Dear Mr CEO
I am sorry but I need to go. I tried to be your sexy data scientist but you would really not know. I cant make bricks without clay. I cant make models without data. I can do cluster analysis but trust me you dont want me to make an algorithm for cluster analysis. Stop saying algorithm so often.
We need databases to store data. There are many kinds of data and there are many kinds of database. There are no right or wrong answers. There is no perfect software. At best we optimize our software hardware and our people for our constraints of time, money and business refresh speed.
Please dont be paranoid. Trust some people, but read more often. Don’t trust too much on technology vendors. They have a job to do. Don’t trust consultants too much. They have to eat bread. Use the Delphi method to reach consensus. But there is a cost to perfect information.
R and Python and SAS do the same thing in different manners. Yes, there is a cost benefit to every software. Open source is not free. Paid software is not the best. People matter. Analytics and models and statistics require more subjectivity than you have been told.
Please pay invoices on time
The Sexiest Data Scientist
My second book – R for Cloud Computing : An Approach for Data Scientists is now ready for sale ( ebook). Softcover should be available within a month. Some of you have already booked an online review copy. It has taken me 2 years to write this book, and as always I accept all feedback on how to be a better writer.
I would like to especially thank Hannah Bracken of Springer Publishing for this.
and I dedicate this book to my 7 year son Kush.
“Everything that is good in me, come from your love, Kush“