Home » poetry
Category Archives: poetry
The book I had been writing for 2+ years is now live Try it out here
Thanks to all my friends for encouraging my curious nature!
We should all ask China to free Tibet because of the following reasons-
10 Reasons to Free Tibet
1) Replace a system of governance which is giving 12% GDP growth with a 1000 year old belief that one old guy is really a reincarnation of GOD
2) Because it is a romantic idea
3) The average Tibetan is much better economically than most other countries in Asia and Africa. Still freedom is messy- Donald Rumsfield.
4) So we can sell beer, Facebook ads, Internet Pornography to Tibetans which do not have the liberty to do so currently
5) So we can explore that area for mining and minerals
6) Damn it. We need one more ally for the free world. So we can invade more non free countries.
7) Tibetans girls are hot.
8) Dalai Lama is cool. and he doesnot charge by the hour unlike other yoga Gurus.
9) We need to encircle China just like we did in the 19th Century and Opium Wars
10) So artists like Ai Wei Wei can blog freely
1 Reason not to Free Tibet
1) Tibetans want to be free. If we give them democracy- they will be disappointed to know that the bullets just get replaced by the pepper spray. How silly is that? The desire to be free- when there is no such thing as free anymore.
(This was an article in Sarcasm and meant as literary and not a pseudo-intellectual political article. I have no training in Politics. For details see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Digital salmon swimming alone upstream
Sacrificing sleep for bits of some dream
Patiently stalking impatient trolls
Denying web crawlers omnipotent stroll
Digitally Dividing and conquering
Masquerading charlatans of new age ball
Sheep like server waits for hacking hammer to fall
Amazing nights but boring days
Lord forgive us our digital merry ways
Going back to the day job in the morn
Keeping up appearances to earn bread and daily corn
Masking emotions daily outrage
Waging lonesome wars of rage
we are small but proud
forced sometimes kneel and crawl
hacker cracker phisher phracker
wont you be my friend after it all
If you like Diwali the festival and want Google to create a doodle for it, just send an email to email@example.com
Diwali or Deepavali[note 1], popularly known as the “festival of lights,” is a festival celebrated between mid-October and mid-November for different reasons. For Hindus, Diwali is one of the most important festivals of the year and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. For Jains, Diwali marks the attainment of moksha or nirvana by Mahavira in 527 BC.
The name “Diwali” is a contraction of “Dipawali” (Sanskrit: दीपावली Dīpāwalī), which translates into “row of lamps”. Diwali involves the lighting of small clay lamps (diyas or dīpas) in Sanskrit: दीप) filled with oil to signify the triumph of good over evil. During Diwali, all the celebrants wear new clothes and share sweets and snacks with family members and friends.
The festival starts with Dhanteras on which most Indian business communities begin their financial year. The second day of the festival, Naraka Chaturdasi, marks the vanquishing of the demon Naraka by Lord Krishna and his wife Satyabhama. Amavasya, the third day of Diwali, marks the worship of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth in her most benevolent mood, fulfilling the wishes of her devotees. Amavasya also tells the story of Lord Vishnu, who in his dwarf incarnation vanquished the Bali, and banished him to Patala. It is on the fourth day of Diwali, Kartika Shudda Padyami, that Bali went to patala and took the reins of his new kingdom in there. The fifth day is referred to as Yama Dvitiya (also called Bhai Dooj), and on this day sisters invite their brothers to their homes.
While the story behind Diwali and the manner of celebration varies from region to region (festive fireworks, worship, lights, sharing of sweets), the essence is the same – to rejoice in the Inner Light
How can Google users/the public submit ideas for doodles?
The doodle team is open to user ideas; requests for doodles can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
My latest book , a collaboration with many fine artists is now up. Its called Poets and Hackers
analysts analyze bloggers blog but scientists research
if hackers hack and writers write why dont poets poe
or maybe everybody is a closet poet
some write prose some write code
some play in ones and zeros some play with images
some with video while most stick to playing with A to Z
we all have our favorite toys some we choose most are given to us
poets and hackers playjoes and crackers
choosing to play in a divine farmville playing till we slacken