Home » Internet
Category Archives: Internet
Credit- Wikipedia and Google Plus Maths Community
The road to Carnegie Hall
Illusion- Each of the dots are actually moving in straight line -Also used for Christmas Lights
Sine and Cosine
Tesseracts (not from Asgard)
Pythagoras Theorem- Greek Math
Simple Way to Teach Pi
Monte Carlo to Estimate Pi
- Facebook Page Insights- Cool Viz- Blue Line Graphs
- WordPress prefers bar plots and spatial analysis (if only minimal)
- Google Activity Dashboard prefers Tufte (?) . No it just shows fonts, and even a (gasp) pie chart.
- Scribd prefers —yes tables and line graphs rule
- Slideshare Stats are a pro feature (!) . Free features are a table– sigh
- LinkedIn – was a pioneer but now
- Linkedin Groups viz
- Quora Stats – hmm
- My Anti Virus still likes doughnuts
- OFFICIAL Twitter Analytics
- Google Analytics – a synonym for data vizualization on the web has Napolean March Chart ambitions but fails to simplify beyond the simple and fails totally at the complex .
- That’s a pie chart, bitches!
- There is no data that can be displayed in a pie chart, that cannot be displayed BETTER in some other type of chart.” John Tukey
Just came across Tails.
forgetfulness; loss of long-term memory.
incognito, adjective & adverb:
(of a person) having one’s true identity concealed.
Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Well I guess we all grow old, but this presentation from 2010 is still awesome on using Big Data from R
Because it is Thursday
I am feeling blue
No one to love me yet
But my reader -you
- I apologize in advance to non gaming readers of this blog.
- I have written about Ingress before here
- I am also experimenting with a new way of writing- in bullet points than in paragraphs.
- Huge number of portals in downtown Calgary compared to Delhi
- Huge number of mind units in Delhi/ India- just made a field with 220 K MUs which is impossible to make or hold in Calgary
- The smurfs have beaten the frogs in submission in Delhi, with the ability to put up giant 50 million MUs almost at will
- Complete domination in one area leads to boring play for everyone especially for fields that are huge
- Very tough to see the roads etc in a quadruple layer blue field as was the case for last two weeks in Delhi
- Easily the least number of AP I have been scoring since I began playing 5 months ago.
- To my surprise , Ingress keeps rejecting things like Transit stations etc. There seems to be a different strict criterion in different countries in accepting portals. Maybe this is due to bandwidth constraint since Ingress is totally free as to the best of my knowledge.
- I still dont know how Ingress makes money but yeah the geo-game-play data would be awesome for simulations!
- The new stats in Agent tab are good, but maybe some graphs can help
- On a LG phone , Ingress fonts are bloated
- Heaven is a good and cheap data plan on your phone and a great Metro system to transport you to portal glory without wasting much time
- Delhi has a tonne of history. Pity not so many portals!