Terry Whitlock, Health Care Expert
Terry Whitlock is an employee of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. He has more than 15 years of analytical experience in managed care. He has utilized SAS for nearly 13 of his 15 years over a wide variety of research in the field of managed care. Over his career he has been published in Managed Care Interface and presented research at Best of Blues as well as Academy Health Research
simply download the Interview file at http://decisionstats.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/20091027-112844.m4a
The Extroverted Engineer
The residuals of my creativity,
are expressed in left brain poetry.
But when it comes to talking tough,
Numbers, above words, is what I like to love.
The sheer elegance,
of clear concise code.
Compiled Swiftly,Executed flawlessly,
On a digital yellow brick road.
Numbers do not lie, People do.
I would rather (more…)
Hey Professor, I am not a Monkey
The harder I try, the more life slips by,
And the latest disgrace, is to be called a simian in place.
Hey Professor, I work with computers,
and they dont mind what skin I am.
Curious I may be, but it’s easy enough to see,
I may look like a monkey, but human I am.
You may go about introducing me to people galore,
as your pet darling who does all your chore,
But I would rather work, outside your cage,
It is not personal, I am too old to enrage.
Hey Professor, Guess I am not a Monkey.
You need to find some other, to carry your tea.
And the University is fine , its good ol Tennessee,
Bigotry and prejudice are the not the places to be.
( Inspired by a Real Life Incident
If you support the friend , please retweet and forward.
Here is a preview of the “unstable” version ( quite stable actually but Google has a sense of humour that I am using on my Ubuntu Linux
1) Noticeably faster browsing. I mean faster browsing and loading of images.
2) Still some trouble with Adobe plugins and Facebook games
3) Cool customized themes (see below)
4) Note the time IN THE BROWSER
5) Quite easy and stable to use with the most visited sites and the default search with suggestions within address bar
Having come lately to the Apple party, here is my contribution. Click the images to see the download links-
You can view the whole Iphone Apps at Apple as well here-
Navigating lots of iPhone apps can give you lots of fun sometimes wasting time but that’s the way it is.
10 iPhone Apps I actually use ( and dont pay for)
The cheapest ( almost) VoIp to call India using my iPhone ( note most university campuses have extensive Wi Fi)
Download the iPhone App and then sign into Skype from any WiFi zone and reach friends and family free with Skype-to-Skype calls.
2) Yahoo Messenger – Almost the same as Skype but better in messaging and not so great in Voice.
3) NY Times – For News reading
Good Nifty features, is faster than the Web Site ( loading on ATT 3g sigh!)
- Offline reading – access The Times’ sections and articles to read on and offline
- Simple navigation – view pictures and articles quickly
- Photo view – browse the news in pictures and link to the related articles
- Customize your display by selecting your four favorite news categories
4) Tweet Deck on iPhone
If you thought tweeting wastes too much time, here is the app for you
5) Pandora- Music for Nothing that means free music streaming on 3G.
Pandora Radio is your own FREE personalized radio now available to stream music on your iPhone. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a “station” that plays their music and more music like it
6) TextPlus – for free SMS
7) Battery Magic- helps you take notes on when to charge the Iphone ( an inevitabl and alas necessary function)
8) Alarm Clock Free- Much better free alarm clock
9) Maps + Compass
Very very useful when travelling to a new city. Effectively a GPS for your car as well.
10) Facebook for iPhone- It is the best way to share photos actually with your friends
A website called Apptism currently tracks 94,000 IPhone apps in case you want to explore more.
You can see it here it is quite nice and nifty-
Hope that helps-