Author’s note follows-
I started Decision Stats in 2007 , primarily as a tool for reducing information asymmetry especially in some circles in India on technology. The motivation was
- build some perspective on data mining, and free online tools
- Learning ( I turned 30 and had a mid life crisis!)
- and for developing my writing and research skills ( which were bad ..)
- Intellectual curiosity ( What does it take to be a Blogger!)
Over time and based on feedback from Web Analytics I started adding interviews and tutorials on DIY analytics.
From a research point of view I branched out into cyber conflict ( hacking and war), social media analytics ( connecting to APIs and analyzing and then optimizing), strategy for open source creators alongside my love for statistical software.
Debunking myths on India – We are better then Slumdog Millionaire but not everyone has access to computer coding.
Online World especially Websites and sometimes social media and loud computing
- Analytics – As my previous company logo said “Analytics is beautiful” I love all things data and write about them here.
- Google- and
- SAS – two companies I write about a lot.
- Company Analysis – If we talk company specific things
- Interviews – Interaction and views of people.
I also write movie reviews (very short) and my poetry has been moved to a separate blog at http://poemsforkush.com
Follow it there, or on twitter ( I keep changing the handle!)
More about me -
Website is hosted at wordpress.com It enables tracking visitors and commentators using IP address lookup which may be used to identify you. In addition the NSA is probably watching you read this.
If these terms are unacceptable please leave website immediately.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
- Adobe is the trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- DB2, MVS, z/OS and zSeries are trademarks of the IBM Corporation.
- Excel is the trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.
- J2EE is the trademark of Sun Microsystems Incorporated.
- MXG is the trademark of Merrill Consultants.
- SAS and Base SAS are trademarks of the SAS Institute.
- Teradata is the trademark of the NCR Corporation.
- WPS and ORA are the trademarks of World Programming Limited.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- All usage on this site is fair use -Note even ads are at flat and fixed rate not affected by traffic ups or downs.
- http://www.decisionstats.wordpress.com is not meant for making money but enhancing branding, disseminating information and general social media duding
- I do consulting on Analytics,Softwares and Web 2.0. This includes on occasion custom content creation and paid content on other web media which is generally not carried on this blog at all. Conflicts of interests are mentioned explicitly.
- (See my social media and internet consulting company )
- In Analytics I offer primarily but not exclusively R based consulting.
- I like to code in SAS, VBA,SPSS,R,SQL,CSS,Html, but mostly I like to mash code from multiple platforms.
- Wherever possible I mention business relationships within the posts themselves.
Any analysis OR PERSPECTIVE used from this site should have a link back and source quotation as a matter of courtesy but it is STILL essential if used for non commercial purposes or by academic persons.
Please respect it, it took me time away from my family and son to create content and its all free for you to use anyway.
Tip- Use rel=nofollow tag in html in case of SEO sensitivity reasons while linking to content.
LEGALISTIC DISCLAIMER -
Views expressed here are personal, and do not represent views of any employer,associate or client of mine. I am to blame solely.
You may freely use any material ,as long as you acknowledge authorship and a link back to www.decisionstats.com. See licensing below.
If you claim implicit or explicit copyright or dispute over any words, opinions, software expressed here , please email me at the email address/contact below with proof of your ownership or reasoning for dispute.
Correspondence that is incomplete will be un acknowledged .Any legal dispute would be to the jurisdiction of Tis Hazari Court, Delhi, India.
Ad Rate - 100+25$ per month ( Flat Rate)
Editorial discretion applies to advertisers.
This website has all content licensed under
Attribution 2.5 Canada
You are free: to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work to make derivative works to make commercial use of the work Under the following conditions: Attribution — You must give the original author credit
Contact- email@example.com with subject line -Decisionstats to avoid spam filter
LinkedIn- Connect with me by sending a LinkedIN invite to firstname.lastname@example.org on http://tinyurl.com/liajayohri
Prior to Aug 2009, Blog was hosted on http://decisionstats.com on its host. Currently it is hosted on wordpress.com and site redirects are used.
Monthly Views ~ 9-12000
Generally ranked among top 5 results for statistical software, and associated keywords.
and hopefully it was worth your time.
Stats (note 0 denotes the time periods it was off wordpress.com servers)