Message from Winston Cheng of R Studio.
* Reactive functions are now evaluated lazily. * Add `reactiveValues()`. * Using `as.list()` to convert a reactivevalues object (like `input`) to a list is deprecated. The new function `reactiveValuesToList()` should be used instead. * Add `isolate()`. This function is used for accessing reactive functions, without them invalidating their parent contexts. * Fix issue #58: bug where reactive functions are not re-run when all items in a checkboxGroup are unchecked. * Fix issue #71, where `reactiveTable()` would return blank if the first element of a data frame was NA. * In `plotOutput`, better validation for CSS units when specifying width and height. * `reactivePrint()` no longer displays invisible output. * `reactiveText()` no longer displays printed output, only the return value from a function. * The `runGitHub()` and `runUrl()` functions have been added, for running Shiny apps from GitHub repositories and zip/tar files at remote URLs. * Fix issue #64, where pressing Enter in a textbox would cause a form to submit. shiny 0.2.4 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------* `runGist` has been updated to use the new download URLs from https://gist.github.com.* Shiny now uses `CairoPNG()` for output, when the Cairo package is available. This provides better-looking output on Linux and Windows.
- Free and open source (AGPLv3 license)
- Host multiple applications on the same port, with a different URL path per application
- Allows Shiny applications to work with Internet Explorer 8 and 9
- Automatically starts and stops R sessions as needed
- Detects and recovers from crashed R sessions
- Designed to serve applications directly to browsers, or be proxied behind another web server like Apache/Nginx
- Works across network gateways and proxies that don’t support websockets
- http://glimmer.rstudio.com/winston/stocks/ (Financial)
- http://glimmer.rstudio.com/winston/heightweight/ (Models)
- http://glimmer.rstudio.com/winston/illusion/ (Animation)
- http://glimmer.rstudio.com/ropensci/rgbif2/ with a real time version at http://glimmer.rstudio.com/ropensci/rgbif/
- Lorentz Equation https://gist.github.com/4619816
- Drinking Games https://gist.github.com/4416252
- D3 and Shiny == Super Awesome http://bl.ocks.org/4482115
- Brushable Scatterplot http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-d3-scatterplot/
- Shiny with Grid SVG http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-grid-svg-v2/
- NHS Site data http://glimmer.rstudio.com/psychemedia/nhssitrep/
- Shiny + D3+ Calender Heat http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-d3-calendar/
- Rolling Corelations (Financial) http://glimmer.rstudio.com/eran/RollCorr/
- Portfolio Accordion (Financial) http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-d3-accordion-portfolio/
- R Shiny version of Constraint Relaxation – Prices (Economics?) http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/d3-shiny-cpi/
- Reconstruct Gene Networks http://glimmer.rstudio.com/qbrc/grn/
- Showreel (financial) Wow example of D3 and Shiny http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-d3-showreel/
- http://glimmer.rstudio.com/timelyportfolio/shiny-d3-pdf/ Shiny + D3 + PDF
- this one is now working – shiny +rgl – its quite awesome!
Overall lots of apps there, and congrats once again to RStudio. 2013 is going to be very interesting to watch for RStudio!