In a world of experts-some questions to ask about China’s foreign policy , trade and military convergence
1) How can an increasingly rich 1.2 billion people accept a restricted internet, one child policies, and severe political restrictions/
2) How long can the Chinese respect for elders and ancestors be translated to a respect for the communist government? How do you measure the level of satisfaction?
3) Can ambitious Chinese Mandarins be motivated by career motives to act tougher than the country’s national interest demands?
4) Rare earth demand and supply curves? Clean energy investments versus climate change commitments graph?
5)Military- Metrics like Chinese Air Force flying hours per pilot, or submarine activity per annum?
As the Chinese supposedly said- May you live in interesting times
- The Conversation: The Fortune Cookie Isn’t Chinese? (abcnews.go.com)
- India Talks Business, Now in Mandarin (blogs.wsj.com)
- Chinese premier on trust-building trip to India (sfgate.com)
- Methodvue Announces Availability of its 2010 Assessment of Cyber Espionage in the Fortune 100. (eon.businesswire.com)
- Tell HN: Advice from my fortune cookie (news.ycombinator.com)