You must have heard about Firesheep-
When logging into a website you usually start by submitting your username and password. The server then checks to see if an account matching this information exists and if so, replies back to you with a “cookie” which is used by your browser for all subsequent requests.
- New Firefox Add-On Detects Firesheep, Protects You on Open Networks (mashable.com)
- Protection From FireSheep (Hint: It’s Not BlackSheep) (readwriteweb.com)
- Shearing Firesheep (zdnet.com)
- Firesheep: Facebook, Twitter Password Hijacking Made Easy (nowpublic.com)
- BREAKING: FireSheep Brings Public WiFi Security Vulnerability (daaaveeeee.wordpress.com)