A new product from Cisco to mine social media for analytics on sentiment-
Cisco SocialMiner is a social media customer care solution that can help you proactively respond to customers and prospects communicating through public social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, or other public forums or blogging sites. By providing social media monitoring, queuing, and workflow to organize customer posts on social media networks and deliver them to your social media customer care team, your company can respond to customers in real time using the same social network they are using.
Cisco SocialMiner provides:
- The ability to configure multiple campaigns to search for customer postings on the public social web about your company’s products, services, or area of expertise
- Filtering of social contacts based on preconfigured campaign filters to focus campaign searches
- Routing of social contacts to skilled customer care representatives in the contact center or to experts in the enterprise–multiple people can work together to handle responses to customer postings through shared work queues
- Detailed metrics for social media customer care activities, campaign reports, and team reports
With Cisco SocialMiner, your company can listen and respond to customer conversations originating in the social web. Being proactive can help your company enhance its service, improve customer loyalty, garner new customers, and protect your brand.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco SocialMiner 8.5
|Product Baseline Features|
|Social media feeds||
• Feeds are configurable sources to capture public social contacts that contain specific words, terms, or phrases.
• Feeds enable you to search for information on the public social web about your company’s products, services, or area of expertise.
• Cisco SocialMiner supports the following types of feeds:
• Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
• Groups feeds into campaigns to organize all posting activity related to a product category or business objective
• Produces metrics on campaign activity
• Provides the ability to configure multiple campaigns to search for customer postings on specific products or services
• Groups social contacts for handling by the social media customer care team
• Enables filtering of social contacts based on preconfigured campaign filters to focus campaign searches
|Route and queue social contacts||
• Enables routing of social contacts to skilled customer care representatives in the contact center
• Draws on expertise in the enterprise by allowing multiple people in the enterprise to work together to handle responses to customer postings through shared work queues
• Enables automated distribution of work to improve efficiency and effectiveness of social media engagement
• Allows work to be routed to the appropriate team by grouping each post or social contact into different categories; for example, a post can be marked with the “customer_support” tag; this post will then appear on a customer support agent’s queue for processing
|Social media customer care metrics||
• Provides detailed metrics on social media customer care activities, campaign reports, and team reports
• Measures work and results
• Manages to service-level goals
• Supports brand management
• Optimizes staffing
• Includes dashboarding of social media posting activity when Cisco Unified Intelligence Center is used
|Reporting for social contacts||
• Provides a reporting database that can be accessed using any reporting tool, including Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
• Enables customer care management to accurately report on and track social media interactions by the contact center
Representational State Transfer (REST) application programming interfaces (APIs)
• Provides flexible user interface options
• Enables extensive opportunities for customization
|Optional integration with full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools||
• Allows you to take advantage of the full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools, including Cisco Quad, Cisco Show and Share, and Cisco Pulse technology, to help your social media customer care team quickly find answers to help customers efficiently and effectively
• Easy to maintain with existing IT personnel
|Cisco Unified Computing System™(UCS) C-Series or B-Series Servers||
• Requires a Cisco UCS C-Series or B-Series Server.
• Server consolidation means lower cost per server with Cisco UCS Servers.
• One server supports up to 30 simultaneous social media customer care users and 10,000 social contacts per hour.
|Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)||
• Operational management is enhanced through integration with the Cisco Unified RTMT, providing consistent application monitoring across Cisco Unified Communications Solutions.
|Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)||
• SNMP with an associated MIB is supported through the Cisco Voice Operating System (VOS).
|Cisco Unified Intelligence Center||
• Create customizable reports of social media customer care events using Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (purchased separately).