Decisionstats.com was undergoing some hacking attacks this past two weeks.
Backing up WordPress Blog-
- use export feature in wordpress to create files.
- If your number of articles is more than 70, then create multiple usernames, export using bulk apply to seperate wordpress xml files.
- then in wordpress.com site, import the various xml files ( note multiple file method avoid corruption and using bulk apply -change author – makes it very fast)
- once your wordpress.com blog is updated, use a wild card redirect so as to preserve your search engine traffic. Your Backup is now online even if your original site is hacked
- Use the server to access your .htaccess file to check whether rouge redirects happened.
- Use logs of server access ( painful but true) to pinpoint IP addresses of hack attacks ( note hackers WOULD use relay servers to disguise IP addresses)
- To prevent domain name hijacking, make sure your who.is information is private
- Change your email passwords, security questions, server passwords. Use random password generators to create secure passwords.
- To prevent rogue malware from infecting your laptop create a dual boot Ubuntu/Windows laptop using a 10 minute tutorial. Use the Ubuntu Linux boot to do all the above operations.
- Inform the Federal authorities in cyber crime division with the server logs and a SPECIFIC complaint ( no rambling sob stories)
- Pray to God, Matt ( both Cutts and Mullenweg), and if all above steps fail ask Donncha O Caoimh at http://ocaoimh.ie/about/ to step in.