The Europe based Rapid Miner came out with version 4.5 of their data mining tool ( also known as Yale) with a much promising “Script” tool.
Also, Rapid Miner came in 1st in open source data mining tools in a poll by Industry benchmark www.kdnuggets.com
They have a brilliant video here for people who just want to have a look at the new Rapid Miner
- The new Script operator allows for arbitrary user defined operations based on Groovy script combined with a simplified RapidMiner syntax
- Improved the join operator and added options for left and right outer joins
- New notification mail mechanism at the end of processes
- Most file based data input operators now provide an option to skip error lines
- Most file based example source operators as well as the IOObjectReader and the new URLExampleSource now accept URLs instead of a filename for the input source location